NZ Super Rugby Clubs Limited Privacy Statement
YOUR PRIVACY MATTERS TO US
This privacy statement sets out how NZ Super Rugby Clubs Limited (NZSRC) and its affiliates, related parties, subsidiaries, or entities that control or have an interest in it (including Blues Limited Partnership, Chiefs Rugby Club Limited Partnership, Crusaders Limited Partnership, Highlanders Rugby Club Limited Partnership And Hurricanes Investment LP (collectively, the “Clubs”)), service providers, or agents (when applicable) (collectively, "we", "us" or "our") will collect, store, use and share personal information about our customers, including users of our online services (including our websites, official retail stores, and apps) and rugby fans ("you" and "your").
NZSRC is owned by the Clubs and is responsible for representing the Clubs’ collective interests.
Legends NZ Limited NZBN 9429050538935 (“Legends”) has been engaged by NZSRC and the Clubs to operate and maintain NZSRC’s and the Clubs official retail stores, marketing, and related services on their behalf. To the extent Legends collect, use, store, or disclose personal information, it does so as agent for us and will do so only in accordance with this privacy statement.
We are committed to managing your personal information respectfully and lawfully.
From time to time we may make changes to the way we handle personal information under this privacy statement, to reflect changes in the law or our business operations. If so, we will amend this privacy statement, and take appropriate steps to ensure that any material changes are communicated to you (for example by sending you an email or publishing a message on our website).
Except in relation to Legends and its services described above, this statement does not apply to the practices of companies and/or other entities that NZSRC or the Clubs do not own and/or control. We may offer links from our own websites or apps to third parties’ websites. If you visit one of these linked websites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of third parties or linked websites which are not owned and/or controlled by NZSRC or the Clubs.
WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information directly from you when you interact with us. We take care to collect only the personal information we need to meet our legitimate interests in delivering services and running our business.
Depending on the situation, this may include the following types of personal information:
- your name, age, date of birth, billing and/or shipping address, email; address, gender, occupation and telephone number;
- any information you provide to us through feedback or surveys;
- information about which teams you support;
- information about purchase preferences and financial details;
- information about your communication and marketing preferences;
- communications between us (eg questions asked using our website contact form);
- your ticket purchase and game attendance history; and
- photos or video of you from events organised by the Clubs, from social media, or television broadcasts related to New Zealand rugby teams.
In some cases we may collect personal information about you from third parties, including:
- when you choose to create an account or register for a product or service via our websites or using a third party service such as Google or Facebook;
- when a third party has your authorisation to disclose your personal information to us, such as when you buy merchandise through our online agent or our official retail stores; and
- when you buy tickets to our rugby matches through our ticketing partners, or contact them about our rugby matches. This information will usually include your name, address, phone number, email address, transaction details and marketing preferences. This information will be used by us for the purposes set out in this privacy statement.
When you use our websites or other online services we may also collect personal information about you in the following categories:
- device information - information about your mobile device such as the hardware model, operating system, preferred language, unique device identifier and mobile network; and
- other information - your IP address (including any country an IP address originates from), access dates and times, browser type and pages visited when you interact with our websites
If you do not provide us with this information we may be unable to provide you with certain services including our official retail stores.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may collect personal information about you when you:
- purchase tickets for rugby matches in New Zealand;
- enter competitions and promotions;
- attend rugby hospitality events;
- subscribe to our membership programs or newsletters;
- access our websites, apps or social media platforms; or
- access, interact with, or make a purchase through our official retail stores (including collecting that personal information from Legends).
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Where you have registered for a NZSRC online service and/or given consent to receive communications from us or any of the Clubs we will use your personal information to provide you with services, offers and/or marketing or other communications, which may include:
- marketing of our products or services to you;
- offers or promotions from our commercial partners;
- news, offers & promotions from NZSRC or the Clubs that we think you'll be interested in;
- information about ticketing, hospitality or travel packages;
- offers from our official retail stores; and
- content recommendations.
We may also use your personal information for the following purposes:
- for our internal administrative, planning and research requirements;
- to assist with any calls or enquiries you make to us;
- to allow you to use and enjoy the functionality of our websites and other online services;
- to operate our official retail stores and process any orders you place via the stores;
- to administer and improve our websites and other products or online services for your use, including customisation based on your preferences;
- to create custom and lookalike audiences for digital marketing purposes;
- to compile and analyse statistics, trends and online behaviour;
- to meet legal requirements and manage business risk;
- for any other purpose we tell you about and/or obtain your consent for when we collect your personal information; and
- for any other lawful purposes authorised by the Privacy Act 2020 or any other New Zealand law.
Despite the above, a Club will not, without your consent, use your personal information to market its goods or services if your personal information was obtained from or in connection with your interaction with or a purchase of goods or services from another Club.
WHO DO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
To meet the purposes set out above, we may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, where they need access to personal information to do their jobs;
- New Zealand Rugby Commercial LP (limited to sharing details of match tickets provided to or purchased by key stakeholders);
- the Clubs;
- our service providers and agents, including Legends (and its subcontractors), professional service providers such as our lawyers and accountants, merchandising and fulfilment providers, mail houses, or other similar third party organisations;
- other trusted third parties that we use for the purposes set out above in the ordinary operation of our business (such as our information technology providers, agents or third party service providers, and their service providers); or
- to other agencies as required or permitted by law
If we utilise the services of third parties and disclose your personal information to those third parties for the purposes set out above, we will require those third parties to protect your personal information from unauthorised use and disclosure.
We may use the services of third parties located in countries other than New Zealand and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such overseas third parties manage and protect your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 and other relevant privacy laws.
Without limiting the foregoing, Legends may disclose your personal information to its enterprise resource planning system (known as M3) which is based in Frankfurt, Germany.
We do not sell, rent or lease your personal information.
Yes we do. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive and are used to record how you navigate our websites on each visit, including providing us with information about pages and advertisements (including click through from emails) which have been viewed, how frequently particular pages are visited and the most popular areas of our websites/the app.
In addition to cookies, we may use Google Analytics and other tracking software including, but not limited to, Google, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter retargeting throughout our websites to understand and optimise user experience and to improve our advertising. This tracking software collects and analyses certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behaviour and usage information, and other similar information.
We and any of our third-party analytics service providers may:
- use the cookies of that analytics service provider together with the cookies of another analytics provider to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on a user's past visits to this website.
TURNING OFF COOKIES AND OPTING OUT OF ANALYTICS
You do not have to accept cookies and can change your browser settings to prevent cookies being stored on your computer. But if you do turn cookies off this will limit the service that we are able to provide to you and may affect your experience.
For further information on cookies and how to switch them off see www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics using the ads settings at www.google.com/settings/ads.
HOW DO I OPT OUT OF RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS FROM US?
At any time you may opt out of receiving any communications from us (other than operational communications required for the running of our business, such as providing information about products you have purchased or subscriptions you have) by:
- logging into your account and updating your communication preferences, or deleting your profile;
- contacting us in writing using the contact details below; or
- using the unsubscribe link in any email or text message we send you (in which case, the unsubscribe will apply to all communications from us, including NZSRC and the Clubs, unless otherwise indicated).
HOW DO WE RETAIN AND PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may retain personal information about you electronically and in hard copy records. We will retain personal information only for as long as we have a lawful purpose to use it, and we will destroy or de-identify personal information that we no longer need.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
If a privacy breach occurs (for example your personal information was shared with unauthorised persons) and the breach may cause you serious harm we will notify you and the Office of the Privacy Commissioner or other relevant regulator.
WHAT ARE MY PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You have the right to request access to, or correction of, personal information we hold about you at any time. You can do this using the contact details shown below.
We are part of a global rugby community, and process personal information about people from all over the world. Depending on where you are, you may be entitled to additional privacy rights under applicable privacy and data protection laws.
For example, if you are located in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom then you also have the right, in certain circumstances, to:
- withdraw your consent for processing or
- request your personal information be erased
- require your personal information to be provided to you or transmitted to another entity in a machine-readable format
- object to processing of your personal information (including for direct marketing) and to not be subject to automatic processing (including profiling), and
- complain to your local supervisory authority
If you are located in the USA then, depending on which state you are in, you may also have the right to request us to delete your personal information or to stop sharing it with others (such as our service providers).
If you are located in Japan you can ask us to delete your personal information or to stop using or sharing it, and can also ask to know who we have shared your personal information with.
If you wish to exercise any of your privacy rights or are unhappy with any aspect of how we have handled your personal information, please contact us on the contact details shown below.
You also have the right to complain to the New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner or any other relevant privacy regulator.
HOW CAN I RAISE A PRIVACY CONCERN WITH US?
If you have concerns about the way NZSRC has managed your personal information, or you think that we have breached the Privacy Act 2020 or other privacy or data protection laws, let us know using the contact details below.
Our Privacy Officer will investigate your concerns and do our best to resolve the matter with you.
our CONTACT DETAILS
Any questions, requests or complaints about this statement or the management of personal information should be made to our Privacy Officer, using the following contact details.
Address: 61 Broadway, Suite 2400, New York, NY 10060
This privacy statement last updated 31 January 2024.